|The Zonotip and the Zonotip+ (with additional features) are designed to measure the thickness of ferrous and non-ferrous metals as well as parts made from polymers, glass, ice, and other materials with a low ultrasonic attenuation. The product’s measuring range on steel is from 0.7 mm to 300 mm.The automation processes in the Zonotip make measuring very convenient. The patented algorithm of automatic adaptation to the surface curvature and roughness make measurements for instance on corroded surfaces possible, without the need for specific adjustments.
The Zonotip’s large, high-contrast color display ensures easy real-time visual control of the inspection process.
The Zonotip+ offers additional features in non destructive ultrasonic metal thickness testing. The Zonotip+ unit comes with an additional smaller 2.5 MHz single-element transducer which allows measuring in confined spaces. The measuring range of the thickness gauge on steel is from 0.7 to 300 mm.
The A-Scan mode in Zonotip+ metal thickness gauge allows excluding measurement inaccuracies, caused by e.g. flaws or cracks in the test object. The signal is visualized on the display as an A-Scan, which allows a more in-depth analysis of the reading.
Download borchure here: Zonotip
- general flaw and crack detection
- bond quality of layered materials, including delamination detection
- thickness of layered materials
- Solid body of light, shock-proof plastic
- Suitable for difficult weather conditions (frost- and heat-proof)
- Large high-contrast color display ensures visual control of the inspection process
- Memory for 50’000 measurements
- 4.0 MHz dual-element transducer
- Automatic adaptation to the surface curvature and roughness
- Automatic logging of max and min values while scanning the object
- Measuring of the ultrasonic pulse velocity on a sample with known thickness
- Color, sound and vibration indication when set limits are exceeded
- USB connection to PC for data transfer
- 8 different languages selectable
- Metric and imperial units
- Signal strength indication
- Battery level indication and automatic switch off function.
Thickness measurements where only one-sided access is possible, such as
- Tanks or pressure vessels
- Erosion determination on pipes and tubes
- Remaining wall thickness of a bridge
- Polyethylen pipes
Operating temperature -20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F) Humidity up to 85% RH with a temperature of 25 °C (77 °F) Battery operation period 9h Power built-in LiPol accumulator Operation supply voltage 3.7 V Dimension 157 x 70x 23 mm (6.1 x 2.7 x 0.9 inch) Weight 250 g Display type TFT Permissible surface roughness Rz160 / N12 / Ra = 50 µm Minimum curvature radius 10 mm (0.4 inch) Ultrasonic velocity range from 1000 to 9999 m/s Data memory 100 groups each max. 500 measurements Interface type USB Thickness resolution < 99.99 mm: 0.01 mm
> 100.0 mm: 0.1 mm
Transducer Type Dual-element Single-element (only Zonotip+) Frequency 4.0 MHz 2.5 MHz Measurement range (steel) 0.7 – 300 mm 0.7 – 300 mm Diameter of ultrasonic element 16 mm (0.6 inch) 10 mm (0.4 inch) Connector type LEMO type 00.250 LEMO type 00.250 Size 45 x Ø23 mm (1.8 x Ø0.9 inch) 24 x Ø16 mm (0.9 x Ø0.6 inch) Weight 23g 16 g